Heat…Heat…Heat…That’s what summer in Texas is all about. It’s 10am and this was just on the Weather Underground…
The important point in that graphic is the small print under the temperature…The heat index. It already feels like 108°.
This time last week I was beginning to feel like I had been transported to the Emerald Isle… Outside my window the rains fell over and over again. Only someone who had lived through our past year could understand the feeling of joy cloudy days of rain could bring. It was an unreal feeling. Temperatures that seldom left the 70’s all day long…Sunshine only in the late afternoons…Thunder passing by day after day. Such a beautiful week.
I think it’s time to hibernate for the summer. Someone wake me when fall gets here.
- As Weather Channel Buys Weather Underground, Fans Fear Change (nytimes.com)
- Weather Channel buys Weather Underground (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Drought in US now worst since 1956; Food prices to spike, economy to suffer. (npr.org)
- Houston forecast: Heat increases Thursday as rain decreases (khou.com)
- Summer Is Here (coffeemuses.com)
- More rain expected today (click2houston.com)