Crooks and Liars has a list working of what we can expect in the first year while we wait for the full bill to kick in…
Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:
1. Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 27th birthday
2. Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
3. No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
4. Free preventative care for all
5. Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.
Go to Ten immediate benefits of HCR | Crooks and Liars to read the rest of the list.
I have just one thing to say to the members of Congress who managed to find the guts to do the right thing and pass this…Thank You.
- Health Care Passage Thoughts ~ John Scalzi
- “Years from now, we’re all going to look back and say that this was one of the days when we were worth a damn.” ~ Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.). via Eugene Robinson – The health-care bill: A glorious mess – washingtonpost.com.
- Health Care, Reformed | Mother Jones.
- Healthcare Reform’s Immediate Impact | Mother Jones.
- House of Anger – Opinionator Blog – NYTimes.com.
- Health Care Explainers « SpeakEasy. Another list of resources explaining the benefits of the bill.